Haulx Delivery Driver Cancellation Policy
Effective Date: 01/04/2023
Last Updated Date: 17/01/2023
Reliability is important to customers that use the Haulx platform. Frequent and last-minute cancellations damage our relationships with customers, reducing the likelihood of future bookings and hurting all delivery drivers that rely on Haulx for a steady stream of well- paying projects.
This cancellation policy is an enforcement of the driver cancellation policy in Haulx’s terms of service and Delivery Driver Agreement (section 5.5).
Our goal is to reduce the number of Delivery Drivers who accept and then cancel projects. This provides a bad user experience for customers and is not acceptable. The intent of these fees is to discourage cancellations that damage our customer relationships and encourage more reliable follow-through.
- Instant Project, if you accept a Cash Payment Project and then cancel you will you be charged a cancellation fee of R15.00 and, if you accept an Online Payment Project and then cancel, noting that the customer has already paid for the Project, you will be charged a cancellation fee of R30.00 to compensate for customer’s lost time, refunds charges and administrative charges.
- Schedule Project, if you accept a project and then cancel you will not be charged a fee if you cancel a project more than 48 hours before the start time. If you cancel a project less than 48 hours before the project start time you will be subject to a fee, see below.
- Cancelling between 48 hours and 1 hour before the project start time: R20 fee
- Cancelling less than 1 hour before the project start time: R30 fee
Frequent cancellations may result in your account receiving a lower priority for future project notifications and eventual suspension from the platform. Fees may be charged to your credit card or any account details on file, deducted from future earnings or deducted from your Haulx Wallet. Refusal to pay incurred fees may also result in a suspension or deactivation from the platform.
If you are working on a Haulx project that will run over and conflict with an upcoming Haulx project, please reach out to customer service as soon as possible. You will not be penalised for accidental overlap if you make us aware of the situation in advance. You will also not be penalised in extreme weather situations if you make us aware of the issue.
If a customer asks you to cancel a project, please reach out to our customer service team. They can make sure the cancellation happens through the customer’s account, `so you are awarded any fees charged to the customer to compensate for your lost time.
No Show Penalties
If you as a Delivery Driver are a No Show on a project that you accepted, you will be billed a R50.00 No-Show fee. Your account may also be subject to immediate suspension or deactivation. A Delivery Driver is considered a No Show if the Delivery Driver is not at the scheduled start time within 30 minutes of the start time or if they cancel the project within 30 minutes of the scheduled start time.
Fees may be charged to your credit card or any account details on file, deducted from future earnings or deducted from your Haulx Wallet. Refusal to pay incurred fees may also result in a suspension.
Just as Delivery Drivers have a responsibility to follow through with project commitments, customers have a responsibility to the delivery drivers they hire.
If a customer cancels a project, you will be eligible for compensation based on the project type. The compensation you will receive based on the project type are below:
- For an Instant Project you will receive the following fees plus total kilometres travelled back to your initial point: 0,5 Ton truck: R13.60, Helper: R18.36, 1 Ton truck: R17.00, 2-3 Ton truck: R20.40, 4-5 Ton truck: R27.20.
- For a Schedule Project, you will receive the following fees: 0,5 Ton truck: R13.60, Helper: R18.36, 1 Ton truck: R17.00, 2-3 Ton truck: R20.40, 4-5 Ton truck: R27.20.
If a customer has requested a delivery driver and an additional helper, they will only be charged for cancelling if their project have been accepted. If you accept a two-person project, do not proceed unless you have a helper/driver partner.